About Us

a long established family fish business which has been trading for nearly 100 years

About Wrights of Marino

a bit of history

How it all began....

The Wright family opened its first fish & grocery shop in Malahide in 1904 under the name M. Wright & Sons.  The company expanded & opened a second shop in Malahide in 1924 and a third in Marino 1934.

The shop in Marino is the only one of the original 3 to be still open & in 1974 changed its name to Wrights of Marino.

Over the years the company gradually moved into fish processing and distribution opening its production facility in Howth in 1995.

Today, Wrights of Marino has a workforce of more than 50 employees & growing.

1904

Shop opened in Malahide by
Michael Wright & his wife Mary

1930

1930 Shop opened in Marino by Patrick Wright (son of Michael) with his wife Elizabeth, & raise a family of 5 children over the shop, Ita, Michael, Patrick, & twins John & Tom

1967

John Wright (son of Patrick Snr) takes over the running of the company with his mother.

1974

John Wright marries Esther Wall and she joins the company later that year. They have 3 sons, Jonathan, James & Jeffrey.

1995

Wrights of Marino processing plant in Howth opens

1997

Jonathan Wright (son of John) joins

1999

James Wright (son of John) joins

2006

Jeffrey Wright (son of John) joins

2011

All dispatch & office administration is relocated from Marino premises to Howth processing plant

2014

2014 Retail shop closes for major refurbishment project. On 1st July 2014, the shop reopens to the people of Dublin.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit. Adipisci consequatur dolore illum natus perspiciatis quae quas quia saepe totam unde. Distinctio hic iure laboriosam laborum nihil quia sint vero. Cum cupiditate error excepturi exercitationem rem reprehenderit ullam ut voluptate? Assumenda commodi doloribus, eveniet ex modi necessitatibus quam quidem sed tempora.
close